MAYOR'S MESSAGE TO CITIZENS ABOUT THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)[eikra-vc-video background=”dark” title=”” url=”https://fcc.gov.sl/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/IMG_3086.mp4″]In this video, the Mayor of the Freetown City Council sensitizes freetonians on the prevention and control of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) disease.[/eikra-vc-video]
FREETOWN COVID-19 UPDATE
Monday,28th June 2020
735 TOTAL CONFIRMED CASES IN FREETOWN
Source ©Ministry of Information and Communication
STAY SAFE, PROTECT YOURSELF
The virus is spread mainly through droplets when an infected person coughs or sneezes or talks close to your face. Protect yourself and lets end CORONAVIRUS in Mama Salone together!
What to know about COVID-19
What is COVID-19 and how is it spread?
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
What should I believe?
When and How to use Masks?
What can I do to Prevent COVID-19?
How can I stay safe and WHY?
What instances can I use the preventive techniques?
As a member of a High Risk Target Audience, what should I know?
What should I do if I feel sick?
WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?
- Stay at Home Leave only when it is absolutely necessary (e.g. To buy provisions for the house or for medical emergencies)
- Regularly clean surfaces and objects and other people use like mobile phones, tables, railings, door handles
- Try to wash your clothes as much as possible because the virus also stays on clothes
- Report any new visitors in your community to your Councilor
- Stay safe from other diseases, especially Malaria. It is still the biggest killer disease. Use mosquioto nets and clean your surroundings
WHAT SHOULD I NOT DO?
- Do not believe everything you see on social media (Facebook and WhatsApp). There is a lot of Fake News. Listen to what the Ministry of Health and World Health Organization are saying on radio or TV or on social media. You can also reach out to Council or Councilor and we will provide you information on what MOHs and WHO are saying.
- Do not share used utensils (e.g. bowls/plates, spoons, knives, forks, pots etc.)
- Do not go to the Hospital if you notice you have signs and symptoms COVID-19. You can spread the sickness to other people on the way.