Recognising the link between public health, economic promotion and community development, and addressing challenges related to the three priority sectors – health, water and sanitation – will help Freetown become a healthier and more productive place to live and work.
Discover the three Priority Sectors in the Healthy Cities Cluster below:
1. By 2022, reduce by 40% maternal mortality in Freetown
2. By 2022, increase by 20% the adoption of healthy behaviours to reduce specific non-communicable conditions (diabetes, hypertension, reproductive cancers, mental health, and substance abuse)
1. By 2022, 75% of residents in Freetown will have access to a safe, affordable and sustainable water supply
1. Ensure that 60% of Freetown’s solid and liquid waste is safely collected, managed and disposed of by 2022
2. Ensure that 40% of all plastic waste in Freetown is recycled by 2022