EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
For 300,000 trees, shrubs and grasses across 13 Catchment Areas and 76 reforestation areas for the #FreetownTheTreeTown Campaign’s 2021 planting and growing season
Funding by: Resilient Urban Sierra Leone Project (RUSLP)
Implementing Agency: Environmental Foundation for Africa – Sierra Leone (EFA-SL)
The Freetown City Council (FCC) under the Transform Freetown Agenda has partnered with the Government of Sierra Leone and the World Bank through the Resilient Urban Sierra Leone Project (RUSLP) to fund and address the city’s unique climate drivers through implementation of the #FreetownTheTreeTownCampain to plant, grow and track 1 million trees in Freetown (and the Western Area) over the 2020, 2021 and 2022 rainy seasons. The Campaign is being implemented by the Environmental Foundation for Africa Sierra Leone (EFASL) under the Urban Greening component of RUSLP which is supporting the #FreetownTheTreeTownCampaign through funding for seedling acquisition in years 1 and 2 of planting (2020 and 2021) and canopy monitoring and asset management to both track the effect of planting activities on the canopy cover over time, and the adequate maintenance of trees at the local level.
During the 2021 planting season, 300,000 trees, grasses and shrubs of 52 different varieties would be planted across 13 Catchment Areas and 76 reforestation areas. The EOI and the bid process for managing Planting and growing operations will be divided into 13 catchment areas. Interested CBOs can express interest or bid to manage one or more catchment area.
- Interested CBOs should fill out the application form, which can be accessed on
- Applicants should complete and submit applications online on the link above no later than 16th July, 2021.
- Application submitted after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Interested applicants must apply via this EOI process as no other bids will be accepted.
- An information session for all interested bidders will be held at the office of the Environmental Foundation for Africa Sierra Leone (EFASL) at 16 Main Peninsula Road, Banga Farm, Sussex on Wednesday 14th July @ 12noon
- A post-closing information session will be held on the 20th July for all eligible bidders @ 12:00noon
For more information, contact our focal person, Mr Baines-Johnson on +232 78 222 303.